SCOTCLANS CHATS ON TWITTER TOO
Flogging A Dead Horse
Postings on this topic in the 'Fun: Jokes' chat forum
This feature is provided by Scotster, the photo sharing and social site for Scotland. Clicking on a poster's name will take you to the Scotster website to view the person's full profile. You may click the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page or follow the links on Scotster. To post a message on this topic, please join Scotster.
Young Sandy moved from Edinburgh to Ayrshire and bought a horse from a farmer for £100.00. The farmer agreed to deliver the horse the next day. The next day he drove up and said, "Sorry, Son, but I have some bad news, The horse died."
Sandy replied, "Well, then just give me my money back."
The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."
Sandy said, "Ok, then, just bring me the dead horse."
The farmer asked, "What ya gonna do with him?"
Sandy explained, "I'm going to raffle him off."
The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead horse!"
Sandy chuckled, "Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead."
A month later, the farmer met up with Sandy and asked, "What happened with that dead horse?"
Sandy grinned, "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two quid a piece and made a net profit of £898.00."
The farmer said, "Didn't anyone complain?"
Sandy said, "Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two quid back."
Sandy has since got a full-time job. He now works for the government.
This topic has no tags.
Would you like to chat about the clan?
Our social networking features are powered by Scotster, the photo sharing and social site for Scotland.
We teamed up with Scotster to enable you to meet other people affiliated to the clan and to read and contribute to chat forums for the clan.
Whether you're 100% Scottish, with Scots ancestry, friends or family, or you simply love Scotland, Scotster helps you to find people who share your interests:
- Create a profile showing your clan affiliations and chat in clan forums
- Expand your social circle by finding people who enjoy doing the same things you do
- Share photos and memories of good times and great places
- Link to your friends and chat with fast and easy-to-use messaging
- Discover people in your local area or within any distance from a postcode or place name
- Start talking right away by seeing who is online now
- Organise and promote social events
- Find people with local knowledge about what to do and where to stay in places you're visiting
- Have a laugh, get serious or ask for advice in our friendly forums
- Enjoy free unlimited access to all features