SCOTCLANS CHATS ON TWITTER TOO
World's Longest Tongue Twister
Postings on this topic in the 'Fun: Jokes' chat forum
This feature is provided by Scotster, the photo sharing and social site for Scotland. Clicking on a poster's name will take you to the Scotster website to view the person's full profile. You may click the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page or follow the links on Scotster. To post a message on this topic, please join Scotster.
Had this for years and I just came across it again recently. Oh, you're all going to hate me for it;
Twixt Trent and Tweed, quite near to Stoke,
A bloke's big, black, back brake block broke.
He was a sheik, Gig-whip by name,
The sixth one to be called the same.
This shy man owned a flock of sheep;
One day some sorrow made him weep.
His sixth sheep fell into ill health
(He didn't feel to well himself).
His son ran to the doctor's, 'Is it
Too late,' he cried, 'to pay a visit?'
The doctor hurried, quite appalled,
'Gig-Whip, Gig-Whip, Gig-Whip.' He called.
'You ate black bug's blood broth, you say?
No bug's black blood for you today.'
'For you and ewe, I think it's best,
That you should have a month of rest.
I think you need an ocean cruise.
With good sea air, you'll cure your blues.'
So they threw three quick things in a trunk,
And on a steamer booked a bunk.
But half way through the cruise that week,
The stupid steamer sprang a leak.
Across the hole, they nailed a plank,
But still the sinking steamer sank.
The shy sick sixth sheik sank, it's true.
The shy sick sixth sheik's sheep sank too.
The should have stayed with the other bloke,
In a soft shot-silk sash shop near Stoke.
Good One Leslie. Well Done.
This topic has no tags.
Would you like to chat about the clan?
Our social networking features are powered by Scotster, the photo sharing and social site for Scotland.
We teamed up with Scotster to enable you to meet other people affiliated to the clan and to read and contribute to chat forums for the clan.
Whether you're 100% Scottish, with Scots ancestry, friends or family, or you simply love Scotland, Scotster helps you to find people who share your interests:
- Create a profile showing your clan affiliations and chat in clan forums
- Expand your social circle by finding people who enjoy doing the same things you do
- Share photos and memories of good times and great places
- Link to your friends and chat with fast and easy-to-use messaging
- Discover people in your local area or within any distance from a postcode or place name
- Start talking right away by seeing who is online now
- Organise and promote social events
- Find people with local knowledge about what to do and where to stay in places you're visiting
- Have a laugh, get serious or ask for advice in our friendly forums
- Enjoy free unlimited access to all features