SCOTCLANS CHATS ON TWITTER TOO
Brown Is My Shepherd
Postings on this topic in the 'Everything Scottish: Scottish Humour' chat forum
This feature is provided by Scotster, the photo sharing and social site for Scotland. Clicking on a poster's name will take you to the Scotster website to view the person's full profile. You may click the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page or follow the links on Scotster. To post a message on this topic, please join Scotster.
by Huw Gilasbey
Brown is my shepherd, I shall not work.
He leadeth me beside still factories.
He restoreth my faith in the Conservative Party.
He guideth me to the path of unemployment.
Yea, though I wait for my dole
I own the bank that refuses me.
Brown has anointed my income with taxes
My expenses runneth over my income
Surely, poverty and hard living will follow me all the days of his term
From hence forth we will live all the days of our lives in a rented home
with an overseas landlord
I am glad I am British
I am glad that I am free
But I wish I was a dog
And Brown was a tree .
Well, everyone seems to be hoping he'll bail out the Dunfermline Building Society as he bailed out the Halifax Bank of Scotland and the Royal Bank of Scotland.
I just wish Alex Salmond and the SNP would bail out the Scottish financial institutions and then we could all stop worrying about what Gordon Brown, Scottish Prime Minister of the UK, can do to help save the financial institutions of Scotland.
nothing would ever drive me to have faith in the conservatives.
like that one Darkside. :)
quickfind:greeboheretic > "nothing would ever drive me to have faith in the conservatives."
Depends what you mean by "faith".
I would never vote Conservative, but it's becoming clear that the Labour government is "tired" and out of what little talent there is. The UK probably needs a change of government (in my dreams this would mean that the countries in it all become independent, but that's not going to happen too soon - except, possibly with the exception of Scotland)
Would you like to chat about the clan?
Our social networking features are powered by Scotster, the photo sharing and social site for Scotland.
We teamed up with Scotster to enable you to meet other people affiliated to the clan and to read and contribute to chat forums for the clan.
Whether you're 100% Scottish, with Scots ancestry, friends or family, or you simply love Scotland, Scotster helps you to find people who share your interests:
- Create a profile showing your clan affiliations and chat in clan forums
- Expand your social circle by finding people who enjoy doing the same things you do
- Share photos and memories of good times and great places
- Link to your friends and chat with fast and easy-to-use messaging
- Discover people in your local area or within any distance from a postcode or place name
- Start talking right away by seeing who is online now
- Organise and promote social events
- Find people with local knowledge about what to do and where to stay in places you're visiting
- Have a laugh, get serious or ask for advice in our friendly forums
- Enjoy free unlimited access to all features